Before you can meet with your troop, all troop leaders must
fulfill the mandatory training requirements listed below. We ask
that you complete these required trainings within one month of
registering to volunteer.
MANDATORY TRAININGS FOR NEW LEADERS:
· Basic Leadership Training, offered as both a live webinar or a self-study
· Level Training (specific to the grade level troop you will be leading)
· If you are leading a Multi-Level Troop (with 2 or more grade
levels), you must complete our Multi-Level Troop Training self-study.
This fulfills your level training requirement.
· Review Volunteer Essentials.
· Review Safety
Activity Check Points before planning activities with the girls.
Scouting 101: GSUSA’s online orientation to Girl Scouting and
the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
· First Aid/CPR Training: For many activities, Girl Scouts
recommends at least one adult volunteer be First Aid/CPR-certified.
Activity Checkpoints tell you when a first aider needs to be present.
· Outdoors and Overnights Trainings: Prepare you for overnights with
your Girl Scout troop.
· Live Chats or Be Prepared Trainings: Monthly enrichment trainings
on a variety of topics
To register for any of the above training opportunities, click on
Registration tab in the top right corner of our website. We
sometimes refer to this as “eBiz”. Here, you can search volunteer
trainings and council activities and register for those that interest
you. NOTE: Please wait at least 24 hours after completing your
membership to register for a new eBiz account.
Training Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.