Whether you are a Girl Scout or not, take a look at the exciting offerings in our Program Guide and sign-up now. Sign up with your troop/group or on your own. (Non Girl Scouts: enclose a Girl Scout Registration form and your $24 [$12 Membership Dues plus $12 Council Service Fee] when you sign up for your first program.)
Check out all of GSHNJ's programs.
Based on your program age level, decide with your troop/group which program(s) you want to attend.
Remember, bridging troops may participate in a program of the next level.
- Daisy: Grades K-1
- Brownie: Grades 2-3
- Junior: Grades 4-5
- Cadette: Grades 6-8
- Senior: Grades 9-10
- Ambassador: Grades 11-12
Complete a Program Registration Form.
- Use the Program Registration Form found online or available at any of the three Service Centers.
- Complete one form per troop/group per program. A separate check/payment is required for each program registration. Multiple forms and checks may be mailed in the same envelope.
- Non Girl Scouts must also submit a Membership Registration Form and your $24 [$12 Membership Dues plus $12 Council Service Fee].
- Program registrations may only be submitted during the appropriate registration period. Check Program Opening Dates.
- When adding participants to an already submitted program registration, complete a new Program Registration Form in its entirety listing only the additional participants and check the box in the upper right-hand corner.
- Note: Only forms completed in their entirety with full payment enclosed will be processed. Incomplete forms will be placed on hold for 5 business days. They will remain unprocessed until the missing information is provided. Forms on hold for more than 5 business days wil be mailed back to the contact person indicated on the form.
Mail the completed form (postmarked NO EARLIER than the registration opening date) with full payment** to:
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey
- Attn: Program Registrar
1171 Route 28
North Branch, NJ 08876
- Program registration forms must be mailed to the West Service Center in North Branch.
- No faxed, emailed or hand-delivered forms will be accepted.
- *Program payments will be receipted immediately upon arrival. Receipted payment does not confirm space in the program - only a program confirmation letter/email from the registrar confirms space in a program. If your payment was receipted and you did not get into the program, a refund will be issued.
- Program registration forms will be processed on a "first-come, first-served" basis according to the postmarked date. Space in a program cannot be reserved.
- If the number of registrations postmarked on any given day exceeds the openings remaining for the program, a lottery system will be used. The lottery will include only those registrations received with that postmarked date.
- Approximately 5-7 business days after submitting your form, the Program Registrar will send you either a program confirmation or a program regret letter via mail or email (depending on the option you selected on the program registration form). The adult-in-charge listed on the registration form will be the recipient of the program confirmation or regret.
- PROGRAM REFUND POLICY: Once a Program Registration Form is processed, there are no refunds of program fees unless the Council has cancelled the program. If an emergency arises, please contact the program department for further information.
- Each Girl Scout troop/group is responsible for providing the required number of adults who will provide leadership and supervision to the girls and remain with them throughout the duration of the program. Under no circumstances should girls be left unattended or unsupervised at any program. (Please refer to Adult-to-Girl Supervision Ratio for the appropriate ratio for your Girl Scout troop/group.)
- All adults participating in overnight programs with girls must be registered and are required to have completed the volunteer application process and passed the background check.
All participants are responsible for providing transportation to and from the programs unless otherwise noted in the description. Remember to take advantage of public transportation when possible. The train and bus lines run by several of the program locations!
Each program has a minimum and maximum capacity listed on the program spreadsheet. If the minimum capacity of a program is not met, the program will be cancelled.
Cookie Credits are accepted for Council programs unless otherwise specified.
Troop Fundraising Programs
Check out the programs coordinated by other troops and learn how to run one of your own. Refer to Procedures for Troop Fundraising Programs.
For questions regarding program registration, please contact Amanda Waters, Program Data Management Specialist, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 973-842-4231.