Social Action Committee
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey’s Social Action Committee is made of Seniors and Ambassadors across our council footprint who are passionate about improving social justice in their communities. The Committee meets locally once a month to brainstorm, research, and make plans for how they can implement change. They also join with similar committees from Girl Scout councils across the state for workshops and state-wide collaborations.
Want to submit for the second edition?
The GSHNJ Social Action Committee wants to celebrate “Finding the U in community”! We’re looking for writers, artists, chefs, photographers, and all creative spirits to help us build the next edition of our girl-made “zine” (that’s short for a magazine!). Submit your creative works that celebrate the theme of “Finding the U in community” to email@example.com for a chance to be included.
Submission deadline is August 15th and the zine will debut virtually in the fall. See below for complete submission guidelines and terms and conditions.
We can’t wait to see what you send in!
Thank you for your interest in contributing to our Zine! By submitting your article or creative pieces, you are acknowledging and signifying your agreement to all of the Social Action Committee and Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey’s Terms and Conditions as they are listed below. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please understand that there is a possibility not all submissions will be used in our publications, and Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey (GSHNJ) has the right to reject or repurpose any submissions.
Submissions may be rejected by our editors for any of the following reasons, but are not limited to those listed below:
- Does not fit the theme of the zine
- Does not follow standards put forth by the Girl Scout Promise and Law
- Improper formatting
- Use of any copyrighted material
- Any other reason not mentioned above
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your story, poem, recipe, artwork, or creative piece:
- You declare that you are the sole owner and author/creator of the article, story, poem, recipe, artwork and own 100% of all copyrights pertaining to the piece or have permission from the owner or author to submit the piece to What a Girl Scout Can Do! and GSHNJ.
- You retain all rights and copyrights to your piece.
- You agree that What a Girl Scout Can Do! and GSHNJ are not liable for any potential lawsuit that could arise from the piece(s) submitted and hold What a Girl Scout Can Do! and GSHNJ harmless for any situation that may arise.
- You agree that all articles are submitted without any financial consideration now or in the future.
- You are giving permission to What a Girl Scout Can Do! and GSHNJ to publish, distribute or use in any way we deem appropriate. Including but not limited to: on any of our websites / print publications, e-newsletters, and social media platforms.
- You agree that if not used in the current publication, your piece may be used in a future publication