Welcome to Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey. Your decision to become an Adult Volunteer is a great one. The memories you make along your journey will be cherished by all of the girls whose lives you touch. Please follow the steps below in the order they are written to become an adult volunteer/leader/co-leader.
All Adult Volunteers:
- Fill out and send in an original Volunteer Application
- Complete Girl Scouting 101 (Requires password: aboutGS101)
Girl Scouting 101 en Español (requires password: aboutGS101)
- Take Basic Leadership Training (BLT) Part One online
a. Troop Leaders and Co-Leaders register with their troop after completing Basic Leadership Training (BLT) Part Two in person.
b. Wait for confirmation from Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey that your Volunteer Application background check has cleared before taking further training
Additional Steps for Leaders and Co-Leaders:
- Take Basic Leadership Training (BLT) Part Two in person at one of our Service Center locations. Find a BLT Part Two offering on the program calendar and register online.
- Take Level Training in person. Find a Level Training offering on the program calendar and register online.
- Daisy Training for grades K-1
- Brownie Training for grades 2-3
- Junior Training for grades 4-5
- Cadette Training for grades 6-8
- Senior Training for grades 9-10
- Ambassador Training for grades 11-12
Questions? Contact Cricket Cardozo, training registrar, at 908-518-4407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need training? Have your checked our calendar? Don’t see the training you need? Feel free to use our Training Request Form.