Welcome to Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey. Your decision to become an Adult Volunteer is a great one. The memories you make along your journey will be cherished by all of the girls whose lives you touch. Please follow the steps below in the order they are written to become an adult volunteer/leader/co-leader.
All Adult Volunteers:
- Fill out and send in an original Volunteer Application
- Complete Girl Scouting 101 (Requires password: aboutGS101) • Girl Scouting 101 en Español (pw: aboutGS101)
- Take Basic Leadership Training (BLT) Part One online
a. Troop Leaders and Co-Leaders register with their troop after completing Step 4 below. All other volunteers must fill out the Membership Registration Form, attach a $12.00 check made payable to GSHNJ, and mail to:
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey
201 Grove Street East
Westfield, NJ 07090
b. Wait for confirmation from Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey that your Volunteer Application background check has cleared before taking further training
Additional Steps for Leaders and Co-Leaders:
4. Take Basic Leadership Training (BLT) Part Two in person at one of our Service Center locations. Find a BLT Part Two offering on the Calendar and register online.
5. Take Level Training in person. Find a Level Training offering on the Calendar and register online.
a. Daisy for grades K-1
b. Brownie for grades 2-3
c. Junior for grades 4-5
d. Cadette for grades 6,7 and 8
e. Senior for grades 9, 10
f. Ambassador for grades 11-12
Questions? Contact Cricket Cardozo, training registrar, at 908-518-4407 or email@example.com.