GSHNJ now offers opportunities for your troop or group to participate in a council-led program when and where YOU want it! Just choose a program from the list below and contact the corresponding Program Specialist to begin the reservation process.
How it works:
- Programs must be ordered a minimum of three weeks in advance of requested date.
- You must provide a venue for the program. GSHNJ Service Centers are available for these programs, on a limited basis, free of charge. Program Specialists can provide availability information for council properties.
- A $50 refundable deposit is required to reserve free ON DEMAND programs. Your refund will be issued when minimum attendance is met and evaluations are received, or if you cancel your reservation at least one week in advance of your reservation.
- Any changes to reservations must be made a minimum of one week prior by contacting the appropriate Program Specialist. All standard GSHNJ Program Policies are in effect for ON DEMAND programs.
Steps to reserve:
- Contact the appropriate Program Specialist to secure a date and time at least three weeks in advance.
- Once date, time, and location have been secured, your Program Specialist will provide an eBiz link to finalize your registration. Your purchase must be completed within 48 hours of receiving your eBiz link, or your reservation is automatically cancelled. Only one person should register for your entire troop or group.
- All participants must be registered and paid for in advance. Refundable deposit payments are required for any free program.
Program Level: D, B Length: 90 minutes Cost: $10/girl Girl Min: 5 Girl Max: 20
This program is all about bubbles! Complete experiments to answer questions like “What makes the best bubble solution?” and “Are bubbles always round?” Once you’ve discovered the optimal bubble solution, put it to the test making bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles! \\ This program is best run outdoors or in a room with mop-able floors. Tables are required; all other supplies are provided. Girls will get messy; dress accordingly and leave your Girl Scout vest/smock at home. \\ Contact: Jamie Kay Discher, email@example.com, 973-842-4226.
GOLD AWARD BRAINSTORM
Program Level: S, A Length: two hours Cost: Free Girl Min: 5 Girl Max: 20
During this group brainstorming session we will help you sort out your thoughts in choosing an issue to explore and moving forward with your Gold Award Take Action Project. Girls are encouraged to bring an adult along to help with this brainstorming session. \\ In order to participate, girls must have completed their Girl Scout Journey step, attended a council-sponsored Gold Award Workshop, and have begun exploring issues of interest. \\ Contact: Aimee Bianca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 973-842-4224.
GOLD AWARD WORKSHOP
Program Level: S, A Length: one hour Cost: Free Girl Min: 5 Girl Max: 20
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest achievement in Girl Scouts. Learn about the requirements, council procedures, and tips on making your Gold Award experience successful and rewarding. This workshop is mandatory for anyone interested in earning her Gold Award, and is also available at regularly scheduled sessions throughout the year. Please come prepared to take notes. \\ Leaders, co-leaders, and parents are encouraged to attend. All attendees must register. \\ Contact: Aimee Bianca, email@example.com, 973-842-4224.
Program Level: B, J Length: 90 minutes Cost: $15/girl Girl Min: 15 Girl Max: 30
Choose from Ireland, Japan, Russia, Mexico, Native America, France, Greece, Egypt, India or England, then complete fun activities to discover more about that country’s rich culture, traditions, and place in the world. You can read more about this program series here. \\ Contact: Jean Clarson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 973-842-4235.
PROGRAM AIDE WORKSHOP
Program Level: C Length: four hours Cost: Free Girl Min: 6 Girl Max: 20
The second step to earning your Cadette Program Aide award is to complete a council-sponsored leadership course training. Work with GSHNJ Program Specialists to develop your leadership skills, learn how to work with children, and gain a deeper understanding of the elements involved in planning and delivering Girl Scout programming. \\ In order to participate, girls must have earned one LiA award (page 30 in your Cadette Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting.) Once Cadettes have completed all steps of the Program Aide award, they are eligible to work with the GSHNJ Program Department to deliver council-led programs to Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors. \\ Contact: Jamie Kay Discher, email@example.com, 973-842-4226.
Program Level: J, C Length: 90 minutes Cost: $15/girl Girl Min: 5 Girl Max: 25
Recycled jewelry is a great way to reduce, reuse and recycle old bits and pieces and turn them into trendy and eco-friendly jewelry. You will transform old or unused materials into new earrings, a necklace and dress up an empty cigar box to create a personalized jewelry box to store your treasures. \\ Contact: Barbara Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 973-842-4236.