Things to know:
- Girls cannot begin the Gold Award until they have completed 8th grade.
- Girls cannot work on the Gold and Silver Awards at the same time. If a girl chooses to earn the Silver Award, her paperwork must be submitted to Council before she can begin the Gold Award.
- The project is an individual project: no partner or group projects.
- The project is 80 hours, including planning, organizing and implementation.
- Girls have until September 30th of the calendar year they graduate high school to complete the Gold Award.
Overview of the Girl Scout Gold Award Steps
- Attend a council sponsored workshop
- Complete two Senior/Ambassador Journeys -or- If you earned your Girl Scout Silver Award, complete one Senior/Ambassador Journey
- Choose an issue
- Investigate it thoroughly
- Gather a group of people to help you
- Create a plan
- Present your plan to Council
- Take action and do your project
- Educate and inspire others