Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We are looking for smart and talented individuals who thrive in a team atmosphere and enjoy a fast-paced, engaging work environment. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
Human Resources Specialist
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!Job Summary:
This position supports the efforts of the Senior Director of Human Resources and coordinates HR activities in the areas of benefits, employee relations, salary administration, training and development, recruitment and the administrative maintenance and security of employee files and records.
This position is based in our East Service Center (Montclair, NJ); however travel to our other Service Centers and council properties within our jurisdiction will be required.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers; including answering employee requests and questions
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations
- Manage on-boarding programs including, but not limited to, delivery of new hire orientation
- Assist in creating and deploying organizational T&D curriculum, manage course tracking, and deliver training as needed
- Maintain Human Resources records and create reports as needed and/or requested
- Assist in performance review and performance tracking processes
- Manage unemployment and disability claims
- Assist with HR and council-wide special projects and all other duties as required which may require evening or occasional weekend work
- Special projects as assigned
- Excellent planning, organizational, and administrative skills
- Bachelor's degree; PHR certification, or equivalent HR generalist or administrative experience (up to 5 years) preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience and understanding of federal, state and local employment law needed
- Valid driver's license/current insurance and access to a reliable vehicle is needed for travel within council jurisdiction
- Ability to lift/move/manipulate up to 20 lbs as needed
In addition to competitive salaries, our compensation package offers: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long-term disability, voluntary critical illness, paid holidays, floating holidays and a generous paid time off plan. Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey serves over 25,000 girls throughout 7 counties within the state of New Jersey.
Visit our web or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the job title of the position you are applying for and your salary history or your current desired salary range. ONLY emails listing this information will be processed. No phone calls please. EEO/AA
Apply for this job