Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We are looking for smart and talented individuals who thrive in a team atmosphere and enjoy a fast-paced, engaging work environment. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
Senior Director, Membership
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!Job Summary:
The Senior Director of Membership is accountable for the development, implementation, and assessment of council strategies in order to deliver an integrated model of personal growth and leadership to both girls and volunteers within the council’s jurisdiction.
This position integrates all functions related to membership in order to meet and exceed membership acquisition and retention goals. This includes developing and implementing comprehensive and strategic plans for girl and volunteer membership growth. This will be accomplished through building strong relationships with key community leaders, families, institutions, and business organizations in order to leverage the potential adult volunteer force.
This Senior Director will also oversee the membership services team which includes the onboarding of volunteers (applications, background checks, and training) and the registration process for both girls and volunteers.
- Develops and implements comprehensive membership plans for the retention and acquisition of both girls and volunteers that serve both current and future needs
- Creates a supportive environment to provide volunteers with the tools and systems needed for their success
- Collaborates with Senior Directors of Program, and Fund Development to create case statements and proposals for external funding to support the council’s membership goals, by each membership staff member and overall
- Ensures that volunteers and employed staff comply with and support the council’s and GSUSA’s philosophy, policies, procedures, standards, and business practices
- Promotes and supports a robust volunteer development system which includes proactive recruitment, continuous learning opportunities, application, and recognition functions
- Continuously ensures that council is actively recruiting across all definitions of diversity and develops the relationships that allow this to occur
- Promotes Girl Scouting as a preeminent organization for girls while fostering an interest in volunteer services opportunities
- Manages the effective development and retention of 10-12 membership field staff and ensures they are organized and deployed appropriately to achieve successful operating results
- All other duties as needed
- College degree/10 or more years of equivalent experience
- 8 or more years of managerial experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analysis and reporting skills
- Past relationship sales and sales team management a plus
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written communications on both an interpersonal and group level
- Comprehensive analytical, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player interested in growing within an entrepreneurial environment
- Up to 60% travel within our communities will be required
In addition to competitive salaries, our compensation package offers: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long-term disability, voluntary critical illness, paid holidays, floating holidays and a generous paid time off plan. Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey serves over 25,000 girls throughout 7 counties within the state of New Jersey.
Visit our web or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the job title of the position you are applying for and your salary history or your current desired salary range. ONLY emails listing this information will be processed. No phone calls please. EEO/AA
Apply for this job