PLEASE NOTE: GSHNJ is scheduled to hold a Career Open House at its Central Service Center, 201 Grove Street East, Westfield NJ on Saturday, May 18 from 10AM-2PM. Eligible candidates will have the opportunity to interview for several positions. To make a reservation for Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey’s Career Open House please contact email@example.com . Although not required, reservations are recommended as those with reservations are guaranteed an interview. Walk-ins will be interviewed as time permits.
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We are looking for smart and talented individuals who thrive in a team atmosphere and enjoy a fast-paced, engaging work environment. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
Director of Programs and Girl Recognition
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!Job Summary:
The Director of Programs and Girl Recognition provides the leadership and strategic vision to our areas of girl event programming, community advocacy, girl award recognition, "Destinations" travel programs, program outcomes and measurements against learning objectives, and program data management. This position is accountable for the development, implementation, and assessment of Council girl programming and girl awards in order to deliver an integrated model of personal growth and leadership to girls within the Council’s jurisdiction. This includes designing, developing and implementing comprehensive and strategic program events (small and large) and girl recognition which supports girl membership retention and acquisition. Our programs include year-round Girl Scout programs and summer series community based programs for girls (Summer B.L.A.S.T.). This position is responsible for the management and development of a team of skilled program specialists, recognition, and data management staff responsible for programs in the areas of Health and Fitness, Financial Literacy, Arts and Culture, Community Advocacy, and S. T. E. M.
This position is based in our East Service Center (Montclair, NJ), however, travel to our Service Centers and the communities we serve will be required.
• Manage Council-wide delivery of girl programming within the Council jurisdiction to meet the needs of girl members
• Ensure funding compliance and effectiveness of programs against stated objectives through management of reporting including; number of programs, unduplicated participants, diversity of attendees, geographical participation, outcomes against program objectives, and total program delivery stats
• Contribute to the implementation process and execution of on-line program event registration
• Expand older girl travel and award programming which includes managing Council-wide marketing, workshops and informational sessions
• Collaborate with staff and volunteers to promote, market, and implement all aspects of Council programming
• Partner with Fund Development on community advocacy, prospecting and grant reporting and Membership to ensure delivery of program opportunities to target markets
• Manage event program related revenue and expenses while ensuring budget reconciliiations are performed
• Develop year-round programming to support and expand our program product sales in partnership with our Program Product team
• Support other projects as needed
• College degree or equivalent work experience coupled with 3-5 years concentration in the area of youth development/curriculum planning
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to deliver direct programming (indoor and outdoor) to small and large groups of girls as needed
• Highly organized, self starter with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects, set priorities, and manage objectives within specified time and financial limits
• Excellent MS Office skills including data management helpful
• Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Valid driver’s license and insurance, a reliable car, and a willingness to travel throughout the Council’s jurisdiction
• Able to lift or manipulate up to 30 pounds of Girl Scout materials
In addition to competitive salaries, our compensation package offers: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long-term disability, voluntary critical illness, paid holidays, floating holidays and a generous paid time off plan. Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey serves over 25,000 girls throughout 7 counties within the state of New Jersey.
Visit our web page or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email MUST INCLUDE the job title of the position you are applying for and your salary history or your desired salary range. ONLY emails listing this information will be processed. No phone calls please. EEO/AA
Apply for this job