PLEASE NOTE: GSHNJ is scheduled to hold a Career Open House at its Central Service Center, 201 Grove Street East, Westfield NJ on Saturday, May 18 from 10AM-2PM. Eligible candidates will have the opportunity to interview for several positions. To make a reservation for Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey’s Career Open House please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Although not required, reservations are recommended as those with reservations are guaranteed an interview. Walk-ins will be interviewed as time permits.
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We are looking for smart and talented individuals who thrive in a team atmosphere and enjoy a fast-paced, engaging work environment. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
Senior Director, Fund Development
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!Job Summary:
The Senior Director of Fund Development is accountable to develop and implement, with the guidance of the CEO, the creation of long range fund development initiative strategies and tactics to meet the Council's financial goals and objectives.
This position is based in our West Service Center (North Branch, NJ); however travel to our Service Centers and Council properties within our jurisdiction will be required.
- Achievement of the Council's fund development goals across an array of potential funding sources (major gifts, donor appeals, corporate sponsorships, planned giving, capital campaigns, grants, foundations, and on-line).
- Development and implementation of strategies to achieve the goals in keeping with ethical standards, policies, and guidelines. This may include, but will not be limited to, researching, developing and producing funding proposals to potential donors to continue our efforts on the diversification of income sources and planning for future growth.
- Implementation of a systematic approach to tracking fund raising lifecycles, including prospecting, cultivation, communication, monitoring, follow-up, and outcomes-based reporting and will ensure the database is kept current.
- 10 plus years of comprehensive fund development experience
- Excellent communication skills, including written, public speaking and delivery of GSHNJ presentations
- 5 or more years experience managing, leading and motivating teams
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player interested in growing within an entrepreneurial environment
- Comprehensive analytical, strategic thinking and, problem solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in fund development cultivation a requirement
- BA required; MA a plus; CFRE a plus
In addition to competitive salaries, our compensation package offers: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long-term disability, voluntary critical illness, paid holidays, floating holidays and a generous paid time off. Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey serves over 25,000 girls throughout 7 counties within the state of New Jersey.
Visit our web or email resume to email@example.com. The email MUST INCLUDE the job title of the position you are applying for and your salary history or your desired salary range. ONLY emails listing this information will be processed. No phone calls please. EEO/AA
Apply for this job