Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We are looking for smart and talented individuals who thrive in a team atmosphere and enjoy a fast-paced, engaging work environment. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
Fund Development Specialist
Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!Job Summary:
The Fund Development Specialist has the responsibility for overseeing the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of constituent and individual prospects that have the potential to financially support the Council, including alumnae, members, volunteers, corporations and parents.
This position is based in our West Service Center (North Branch, NJ), however occasional travel to our Service Centers and within the Council jurisdiction will be required.
- Strategically plan and coordinate projects that engage donors in meaningful ways
- Implement and promote individual and corporate giving and stewardship programs that support the Fund Development strategic plan
- Develop strategies to expand the individual and corporate donor base while maintaining/upgrading existing donors
- Create and manage corresponding pilots, projects (such as Council fundraising events), and initiatives needed to advance fundraising strategies
- Partner with other members of the Fund Development team to maintain a database of donors and process administrative acknowledgements
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with current donors, prospective donors, alumnae and volunteers
- Expertise in researching, qualifying, cultivating, solicitating and stewarding individual donors at varying levels of capacity
- Superior organizational skills and flexibility
- Familiarity with donor database management coupled with strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, including staff, volunteers and donors
- Flexibility to shift work hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is needed as car travel will be required within the Council jurisdiction
- College degree or equivalent experience
In addition to competitive salaries, our compensation package offers: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long-term disability, voluntary critical illness, paid holidays, floating holidays and a generous paid time off plan. Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey serves over 25,000 girls throughout 7 counties within the state of New Jersey.
Visit our web page or email your resume to email@example.com. The email MUST INCLUDE the job title of the position you are applying for and your salary history or your desired salary range. ONLY emails listing this information will be processed. No phone calls please. EEO/AA
Apply for this job