The Annual Family Campaign (AFC) is GSHNJ’s appeal to member families to provide financial support to our Council. The AFC runs from May to April. It begins with pre-registration for the upcoming Girl Scout membership year and closes the following spring when registration for the new membership year begins.
Every AFC gift makes a lasting difference. No gift is too large or too small. By supporting the AFC, you play a vital role in helping us ensure that Girl Scouting is available for every girl.
The AFC helps bridge the gap between Council income and the cost of providing a strong Girl Scout program in our communities, which is more than $257 annually per girl. Your financial commitment to the AFC allows us to:
- Support the Girl Scout Leadership Experience by providing fun, friendship and adventure to as many girls as possible
- Recruit and retain enthusiastic volunteers to engage and mentor girls
- Provide age-appropriate, developmental materials and resources to allow volunteers to inspire girls and deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Give girls access to state of the art facilities, skilled professionals and role models in a variety of fields, cutting edge technology, and exciting travel opportunities
- Serve girls equally by providing financial assistance to those in need
GSHNJ is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible to the extent that the law allows.
Each Service Unit has their own Annual Family Campaign Coordinator (AFCC) who is responsible for communicating important news, goals and updates throughout the campaign. Also, Service Units who meet and exceed their goals from council have the opportunity to earn up to 10 percent of their AFC proceeds. For more information about the AFC, ask your Service Unit Manager or email email@example.com