Girls Scouts is the world's preeminent organization dedicated solely to girls - all girls - where, in an accepting and nurturing environment, girls build character and skills for success in the real world. In partnership with committed adult volunteers, girls develop qualities that will serve them all their lives.
Girl Scouts of the USA, the national organization located in New York City, maintains a membership of more than 3.7 million girl and adult members throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. For over 100 years, its membership has been unified towards the achievement of the Girl Scout mission: “To build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.”
The Girl Scout Program
In Girl Scouting, experiences like high adventure trips, sports, leadership opportunities, community service projects and team building activities give girls opportunities to discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
- Exciting field trips
- Fun sports and skillbuilding clinics
- Satisfying community service projects
- New cultural exchanges
- The fun, friendship, and power of girls together
- Contribute to society
- Acquire leadership skills
- Reach full individual potential
- Relate to others with more understanding & skill
- Develop values to guide their actions and decisions
To learn more about Girl Scouting, visit Girl Scout Central.